Viking Industrial Painting is a leader in water tank maintenance, repair, and coatings in the Midwest region and beyond, with project locations extending from Northern Minnesota to Southern Texas. We are looking to add a Bid Coordinator to our Estimating Team. As a Bid Coordinator at Viking, you will play a vital role within the Estimating Department and be in charge of a variety of tasks to help facilitate the day-to-day bidding activity.
We are seeking candidates with the following skill sets:
- Ability to work on a deadline-based schedule
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Adobe, Word, & Outlook
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong in communication and time management
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- 2+ years’ experience in a construction environment (beneficial but not required)
- Ability to fluently work within Excel, Adobe, Word, & Outlook
- Proficiency in a fast-paced, deadline-dependent setting
- Capacity to process and understand basic verbiage within specification
- Familiarity with Estimation processes
- Serve as the central point of contact on ordering plans and specifications.
- Maintain bid list database daily, track changes, and communicate with the Estimating Team.
- Order bid bonds.
- Prepare detailed bid proposals for potential projects; collaborating with the Estimating Team to gather necessary information and ensure bid deadlines are met.
- Manage and maintain contractors’ licenses as needed.
- Maintain a list of current and past projects for references.
- Coordinate with local temp agencies to attend mandatory pre-bid meetings when in-house personnel cannot attend.
- Provide administrative support to the Estimating Team and the Ordering Department.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- 401K with company contribution
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Expenses reimbursed
Viking Industrial Painting, headquartered in Omaha, NE is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in the position, please send your resume and contact information to Dominic Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-660-9242 if you are interested in learning more about joining our team.