We have a great opportunity for you to join our team and work in a fun, fast-paced environment. Come be a front-line member of our company as a maintenance crew. Get the opportunity to travel and maintain water systems around the country. Primarily working with water towers and water storage tanks, the duties include:
- Washing and cleaning the interior and exterior of water towers and water storage tanks
- Interior and exterior coatings repairs
- Understanding of OSHA safety requirements
- Willing to travel, up to 14 days out.
- Valid driver’s license. Able to get a Medical Card, in order to drive.
- Able to complete tasks assigned by foreman.
- Assist with loading and unloading equipment from the maintenance rig.
- Daily inspection of personal safety equipment with documentation.
- Daily inspection of rigging equipment with documentation.
- Keep the jobsite in a clean condition.
- Responsible for their own timecard.
- Ability to safely climb over 100ft up water towers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The individual must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. As well as read and write in English to understand street signs and safety warnings.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The individual is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The individual must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- The individual must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
- Welding abilities a strong plus. Willingness to learn welding and painting techniques required.
Viking Industrial Painting (V.I.P.) was established in 2001 in Northern Iowa as an industrial tank painting company specializing in the Water Tower Industry. Since that time, Viking has actively worked with engineers, third-party inspectors, and tank owners to renovate and protect steel tanks.
Viking Industrial Painting has been successful due to our attention to quality and detail. Our desire to take care of both our customers and our team members is a reflection of our motto and core value, “Do the right thing, always.” As a result, Viking Industrial Painting has maintained the reputation as one of the premier tank painting companies nationwide. Receiving recognition as one of the fastest growing private companies in the nation for 2020.
Located in La Vista, Nebraska we continue to grow our company through those same values. We offer not only professional tank painting and repair but also both short-term and long-term maintenance programs for all styles of water storage tanks. We take a consultative approach to develop a plan that proactively protects our client’s assets and allows for financial planning and fixed expenses for ease of annual budgeting.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.