The Procurement Specialist (PS) is responsible for purchasing goods and services for the company, at the best value regarding availability, service, quality and price; to ensure that all products meet the requirements of our projects and customers. The PS creates positive vendor relationships, negotiates pricing and terms with suppliers, creates purchase orders, tracks & manages orders, and resolves pricing disputes. The PS works closely with our Operations & Project Managers as well as outside vendors to meet project requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
Key job responsibilities include:
- • Research and identify prospective suppliers of goods and services.
- • Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors to effectively negotiate terms and pricing.
- • Develop and maintain vendor database.
- • Be an expert on industry trends to understand the cost drivers and offer cost savings and avoidance options.
- • Communicate and interact effectively with outside vendors, supervisors, and employees in a team environment.
- • Resolve issues/concerns with supplier performance and/or the quality of purchased items.
- • Help establish and maintain a purchasing budget.
- • Develop and update processes and procedures to streamline workflows.
- • Retrieve, analyze, transform, and report data for business intelligence.
Work Location: Omaha, NE with some flexible remote work time
Work Hours: Flexible work hours, but generally M-F 8:00a-5:00p
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- • Associates or Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in business, engineering, economics, logistics, construction management, or related.
- • Experience in engineering and/or construction related role a plus.
- • Understanding of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality and site purchasing.
- • Demonstrated effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- • Good working knowledge of purchasing strategies.
- • Exceptional communicator in verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- • Strong business acumen and proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships.
- • Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- • Advanced experience with MS-Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Teams, etc.,)
PO Box 24162 Omaha, Nebraska 68124
Viking Industrial Painting offers our full-time employees an extremely competitive and comprehensive benefits package. It includes medical, vision and dental plans covering eligible employees and their dependents, as well as employee assistance programs, voluntary life insurance, short term disability insurance, and retirement plans with matching.
As part of our team some of the benefits you will have access to are:
- Competitive wages
- A considerable benefits package that includes:
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- Paid Training
- Flexible and relaxed work environment
Viking Industrial Painting (V.I.P.) was established in 2001 in Northern Iowa as an industrial tank painting company specializing in the Water Tower Industry. Since then, Viking has actively worked with engineers, third-party inspectors, and tank owners to renovate and protect steel tanks. Viking Industrial Painting has been successful due to our attention to quality and detail. Our desire to take care of both our customers and our team members is a reflection of our motto and core value, “Do the right thing, always.” As a result, Viking Industrial Painting has maintained the reputation as one of the premier tank painting companies nationwide. Now located in Omaha, Nebraska we continue to grow our company through those same values. We offer not only professional tank painting and repair but also both short-term and long-term maintenance programs for all styles of water storage tanks. We take a consultative approach to develop a plan that proactively protects our client’s assets and allows for financial planning and fixed expenses for ease of annual budgeting.